The BOBS (Band of Brothers and Sisters) meet Tuesday night from 5:30-7:00pm in a hybrid format. Currently we are in the book of Ephesians and will resume for the study of our first chapter January 12, 2021. The bible study is in a round-table format. This means that while we prioritize the study of the book, and the study book (NT Wright), we hold space to wander in our conversation throughout our time together.
Throughout this book we will delve into discussion on the topical themes of Ephesians such as:
- the preeminence of Christ
- the (Holy) calling of God’s people
- the reality of God’s equipping believers to love and serve
- the purpose of the church and the Christian life
- the work and way of the Holy Spirit and its implications for our lives of faith
- the transformation that happens within believers
- the specific lifestyle of God’s chosen people
- unity in the church
- how to stand up and stand against the forces of sin and the satan
- the importance of prayer and how to pray
For the table talks, we will provide CDC guideline-prepared pupus, since we meet at the dinner hour, and it is BYOB – bring your own beverage.
If you would like to join us virtually, the zoom link is here – https://zoom.us/j/91319975631